LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
Drink plenty of water and sleep well. Eat something before calling in. A good healthy balanced meal will put you in the best place to feel well.
Avoid drugs and alcohol on the lead up to your new piercing and in the initial healing process.
Don’t get pierced if you are poorly, you wont heal well, it may hurt more and you may spread your illness.
We will not pierce anyone under the influence. It’s actually illegal. Even the smell of one beer could get you turned away.
BRING YOUR IDENTIFICATION
Check to ensure you have your valid ID, driver’s license, or passport. If you’re not sure if the identification you have is acceptable, you can always read more about it in our I.D policies
You need to bring your I.D with you to every piercing appointment
If you need a parent or guardian is required for your age group, they must be present in the studio.
CHECK YOUR MEDICATION
If you have medical conditions which requires a doctor’s note before being pierced, or suspect so: please call the studio ahead of time to verify whether your condition requires a GP’s authorization.
If you are on any regular medications, you might consider asking your doctor ahead of time.
Consider any holidays you have planned in the initial healing time, you may wish to postpone till you return.
It may not be possible to wear makeup or headphones during your initial healing.
- The first thing we’ll do is help you pick out some jewellery, we have a vast selection to help you find your unique style.
- Some placements may require an anatomical consultation before jewellery selection, which we’ll take care of if necessary. We have allowed time for this in your booking.
- Once your jewellery is selected, we’ll sterilize it along with any other items we may need in our cassette Statim autoclave. This high tech sterilizer provides an ultra-fast cycle so we can sterilize everything right before use.
- You will then be given both written and verbal aftercare instructions to follow, giving you the knowledge to help heal your piercing well.
- We may need to move, clip or tie your hair back to allow access to the area. Occasionally we may drape the surrounding area with sterile gauze.
- Makeup may be removed from around the site to be pierced, it’s important not to reapply this in the immediate areas until your piercer has seen you at your check up.
- It might seem to go without saying, but please make sure you shower or bathe beforehand. Also, if you’re preparing for an oral piercing don’t forget to brush your teeth too please.
- You may be told you cannot have the piercing you want, we each have unique anatomy. Not everyone can have everything.
- Piercing aftercare is often over complicated when the essential information is common sense, personal hygiene and leaving it the heck alone.
- Do not pick at, touch or fiddle with the area or jewellery.
- Redness, swelling, dry skin and crusties are all normal. If you are ever concerned: reach out right away.
- Consider investing in our aftercare solution, homemade aftercare is often adequate and relies heavily on consistency. Our sterile solution NeilMed wound wash is safer, easier, portable and convenient. Plus at only £7 very affordable.
- We request that you attend a check-up appointment to ensure your piercing is healing well and assist in any jewellery changes necessary, your piercer will discuss the timing with you.
- Don’t be afraid to call back at anytime if you are experiencing difficulty, we all experience the odd hiccup and its nothing we haven’t seen before.