A Piercee’s Bill of Rights
- To be pierced in a hygienic environment by a clean, conscientious, sober piercer wearing a fresh pair of disposable medical examination gloves.
- To be pierced with a brand new, completely sterilized single-use needle that is immediately disposed of in a medical Sharps container after use on one piercing.
- To be touched only with freshly sterilized and appropriate implements, properly used and disposed of or re-sterilized (where appropriate) in an autoclave prior to use on anyone else.
- To know that piercing guns are NEVER appropriate, and are often dangerous when used on anything — including earlobes.
- To the peace of mind that comes from knowing that their piercer knows and practices the very highest standards of sterilization and hygiene.
- To a have a knowledgeable piercer evaluate and discuss appropriate piercings and jewelry for her/his individual anatomy and lifestyle.
- To be fully informed of all risks and possible complications involved in his/her piercing choice before making any decisions.
- To seek and receive a second opinion either from another piercer within the studio or from another studio.
- To have initial piercings fitted with jewelry of appropriate size, material, design, and construction to best promote healing. Gold-plated, gold-filled or sterling silver jewelry is never appropriate for any new or unhealed piercing.
- To see pictures, be given a tour of the piercing studio, and to have all questions fully and politely answered before making or following through on any decision.
- To be fully informed about proper aftercare, both verbally and in writing, and to have continuing access to the piercer for assistance throughout the healing process.
- To be treated with respect, sensitivity and knowledge regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, health status or piercing choice.
- To change her/his mind, halt the procedure and leave at any point if the situation seems uncomfortable or improper.
What we care about
Nothing matters more to us than you enjoying your time in Blue Lotus.
Having a piercing is one thing, being empowered with the knowledge to care for it is another.
Utilising an aseptic technique via completely sterilie fiels set up, including sterile gloves.
Finding your unique form of expression through body piercing, owning yourself is wonderful.
Unique, customized, beautiful. All words that could easily be put to the vast collection of jewellery we stock.
We offer a lifetime of aftercare, giving you access to our team whenever you need us.
“Piercing is a form of expression, one that involves a lot of trust between the piercer and the piercee”
– Nicole H.