Our age of consent for a nipple piercing is 18 years or over
Please keep in mind that these age requirements are specific to Blue Lotus Body Piercing and our years of experience have dictated these moral/ethical decisions. We are constantly trying to improve our standards and are now working in line with the standards set by the Association of Professional Piercers.
We are asked constantly for under this age, however we have many reasons that contribute to our decision:
- We would turn away so many that were not yet developed enough (Our bodies are still physically maturing until the age of 21 with huge changed around the age 14 – 16)
- At a younger age there are higher chances of healing issues and complications.
- At a younger age these issues are more likely to have departmental effects that effect the client as an adult.
- Problems such as rejection and migration are exaggerated when we are younger.
- The invasive and personal nature of the experience.
Any good studio is going to ask you for ID if you look under 21. Yes, it sucks, but we can get in a lot of trouble for just guessing. We only take originals, no copies, photographs of passports etc
We will not accept a parent or guardian as proof of age, you have to show your own ID.
- UK Passport. Expired passports are fine as long as you can tell it is you or you bring in other I.D to link the information
- CitizenCard. (available from http://www.citizencard.com)
- ValidateUK Card. (available from http://www.validateuk.co.uk)
- UK Driving License or Provisional.
We consider that under no circumstances is it acceptable or appropriate for a piercer to perform piercing on the nipples or genitals of an individual under 18 years of age.