We are changing our age of consent for nipple piercings from 16 years to 18 years.
Please keep in mind that these age requirements are specific to Blue Lotus Body Piercing and our years of experience have dictated these moral/ethical decisions. We are constantly trying to improve our standards and are now working in line with the standards set by the Association of Professional Piercers.
- We were turning away so many that were not grown and developed enough (Our bodies are still physically maturing until the age of 21)
- At a younger age there are higher chances of healing issues and complications.
- Problems such as rejection and migration are exaggerated when we are younger.
- The invasive and personal nature of the experience.
Any good studio is going to ask you for ID if you look under 21. Yes, it sucks, but we can get in a lot of trouble for just guessing. We only take originals, no copies, photographs of passports etc
We will not accept a parent or guardian as proof of age, you have to show your own ID.
- UK Passport. Expired passports are fine as long as you can tell it is you or you bring in other I.D to link the information
- CitizenCard. (available from http://www.citizencard.com)
- ValidateUK Card. (available from http://www.validateuk.co.uk)
- UK Driving License or Provisional.
“Regardless of any local legislation being more lenient, the following is an appropriate minimum standards policy on piercing minors:
For any piercing of a minor, a parent or legal guardian must be present to sign a consent form. Proof positive, state issued photo identification is required from the legal guardian, and a bona fide form of identification from the minor. In the event the parent has a different last name and/or address from the child, court documentation is needed to prove the relationship, i.e., divorce papers, or a remarriage certificate.
Under no circumstances is it acceptable or appropriate for a piercer to perform piercing on the nipples or genitals of an individual under 18 years of age.”